The case manager’s primary responsibility is to manage care for the patients of the primary care practice to promote effective education, self-management support, and timely health care delivery. This will include developing and monitoring care management processes and support primary clinical teams with these efforts. It will also include identifying the high acuity patient population and working to ensure care coordination for this patient population. The position may involve some patient triage. The nurse case manager will work with the clinic leadership and medical director (lead physician) of the practice to develop this position to best serve the needs of the patient panel and the primary care teams. Typical physical demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including the ability to stoop, kneel, reach, stand and walk for extensive periods of time; push, pull and grasp items, finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination, and the ability to lift or assist in lifting patients weighing in excess of 100 pounds using proper body mechanics.
- Requires corrected vision (including depth perception), and hearing to normal range.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 15 pounds or some standing or walking. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Typical working conditions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Education: Must have graduated with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- License/certification: State of South Dakota Licensed Registered Nurse or current RN Licensure/ State of South Dakota License Practical Nurse (LPN) or current LPN Licensure or be Registered with the SDBMOE as a Certified Medical Assistant. CPR Certified. This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- Experience: RN/LPN/CMA must have at least two (2) years of licensed practice. Experience in Discharge Planning, Case Management or homecare experience is preferred.
- Respect for and ability to follow Clinic’s Confidentiality Policy.
APPLY NOW - To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application, PDF Application or Word.DOC Application For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4247 or click here.