The Registered Nurse rooms and assesses patients, implements quality care for patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions, evaluates responses to nursing interventions, and serves as a resource on nursing issues.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that is attentive to the developmental and chronological age of the patient population, and in coordination with the Director of Patient Care Services, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed.
- Performs patient assessments including: physical, psychosocial signs or symptoms of abuse/neglect and age specific needs. Provides quality care for patients at Brown Clinic.
- Communicates diagnostic results to patients via telephone or written instruction as per physician order.
- Processes physician's orders, administers medications and monitors for effectiveness, draws blood, performs and monitors IV therapy interventions, and documents patient history and pertinent information in patient's charts.
- Provides patient and family education/instruction regarding medications, procedures and illness (i.e. diabetes).
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care.
- Obtains throat cultures, urine and other required samples; performs various tests and procedures to include stress tests.
- Responds to and participates in Emergency situations.
- Orders Supplies and stocks exams rooms.
- Performs related duties which includes educating and preparing patients for tests, cleaning exam after each patient, and answering office phones.
- Perform Stress Tests
- Employee Health responsibilities
- Daily Nursing Schedule
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, and licensed as a registered nurse in the state of South Dakota. Current CPR Certification is required.
Minimum of three to twelve months of prior nursing experience is required. Effective oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and the ability to function as a leader and a team member are also required.
Respect for and ability to follow Clinic's Confidentiality Policy.
Typical physical demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.Typical working conditions:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.APPLY NOW
- To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application
, PDF Application
or Word.DOC Application
For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4247 or click here.