As a part of a diverse and committed team of multi-disciplinary professionals, the Licensed Professional Counselor-Mental Health will work with Brown Clinic patients with behavioral health needs. The LPC-MH will determine eligibility and care needs as well as see patients in the clinic and refer as needed.
Typical duties and responsibilities as a Counselor include:
Typical physical demands:
- Perform initial evaluations of client needs and develop customized treatment plans.
- Educate staff and clients on stress and trauma coping mechanisms.
- Provide individuals with the resources they need to reach personal goals.
- Monitor client progress and modify their treatment plans as needed.
- Coordinate with social and medical agencies, healthcare providers and community outreach programs to provide clients with needed services.
- Complete continuing education courses to maintain National Certified Counselor certification and stay up-to-date on the latest practices.
- Requires full range of body motion including the ability to stoop, kneel, reach, stand and walk for extensive periods of time; push, pull and grasp items, finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination, and the ability to lift or assist in lifting patients weighing in excess of 100 pounds using proper body mechanics.
- Requires corrected vision (including depth perception), and hearing to normal range.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 15 pounds or some standing or walking. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Typical working conditions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Master's degree in counseling
- Proven experience as a licensed professional counselor
- Registered and able to practice as a licensed professional counselor
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong, demonstrable community orientation
- Empathic, sensitive, and driven to foster healing
- Respect for and ability to follow Clinic’s Confidentiality Policy.
APPLY NOW - To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application, PDF Application or Word.DOC Application For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4247 or click here.