Provides support for clinical support staff under supervision of the provider and/or RN/LPN/CMA for clinic patients. Receives supervision directly from the Director of Patient Care and exercises no supervision. Assist with chart preparation, exam room stocking and cleaning, transport patients, autoclaving, and supplies in exam rooms.
Typical working conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Prepares patient medical record for upcoming appointment(s).
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms, before and after patient visits, including re-stocking of treatment areas.
- Send faxes as directed by clinical staff. Prepare ABN paperwork for patients. Put together education materials as directed by the care team
- Transport patients to ancillary services. (lab/x-ray). Deliver specimens to lab for analysis. Run specimens using the Alere machines and report results to the provider and document in the medical record.
- Check referral beans in the EMR.
- Responsible for maintaining autoclaves and processing equipment according to protocol. Refilling the liquid nitrogen.
- Record daily refrigerator temps for medication and immunization refrigerators
- Deliver dirty laundry to the appropriate pick up area
- Check sample medication supplies for expired meds and dispose of according to policy. Check formula samples.
- Stock Med Room (NR) with supplies, syringes, needles, neb tubing and clean as well
- Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as assigned.
The aforementioned statements reflect the general duties that are necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Education: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Community Healthcare Worker
High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prefer previous healthcare experience in a clinic, hospital or long term care setting. Medical terminology is helpful. Certificate/License: CPR certification preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Knowledge of universal body precautions. Skill in maintaining electronic health records. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate clearly. Computer knowledge helpful.
Typical physical demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.
APPLY NOW - To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application, PDF Application or Word.DOC Application. For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4247 or click here.