This position obtains blood, urine, stool, semen, nasal, and sputum specimens, instructs patients in proper specimen collection, labels and transports samples, provides backup support for the receptionist, and cleans glassware for laboratory.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Obtains blood specimens by skin puncture or venipuncture, labels specimens,and transports or distribute samples to appropriate testing area.
Instructs patients in proper collection and preservation of urine, stool, semen, nasal, and sputum samples
Prepares and cleans trays for specimen collection, cleans glassware and other lab utensils, and performs clerical and backup receptionist duties.
Performs Approved waived tests.
- Performs related duties such as maintaining a clean work environment, ordering supplies, and providing clinical orientation to students and new laboratory personnel.
- High School diploma or GED is required, Graduation from a Technical Phlebotomy program is preferred.
- Prior Phlebotomy experience is preferred
- Basic computer skills, effective communication skills, telephone etiquette, and the ability to respond calmly and professionally in emergency situations are required.
- Respect for and ability to follow Clinic’s Confidentiality Policy.
APPLY NOW - To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application, PDF Application or Word.DOC Application For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4247 or click here.