Administrative Assistant - Clinical Services
Clerical Functions: 75% of the Work Period
Scheduling Meetings: 15% of the Work Period
Telephone Answering: 10% of the Work Period
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
1. Performs clerical functions for Directors of Patient Care and Patient Engagement and Nursing Supervisor(s) including: typing various memos, letters, reports, schedules, and forms. Monthly reports as assigned by Directors and Administration.
2. Assist in developing schedules for clinical care and patient access staff. Maintains timekeeping and tracking for clinical services staff.
3. Coordinates student rotations at the clinic for medical students, physician assistant students, etc. Responsible for working on the schedules for rotations and working with the Universities to ensure the criteria is received and the appropriate paperwork is completed.
4. Maintains call schedules and Medical Provider time away policies and procedures. Provides communication of Medical Provider time away from the clinic to Human Resources. Work with providers to set the Kids Care clinic schedule. Post the schedules for Outreach Providers, APP schedules and adjust in eCW as needed. Nursing home recertification schedules for APP’s as directed by the providers.
5. Prepares meeting agendas, photocopies and distributes/e-mail packets of information for each committee member, takes and prepares meeting minutes, orders meals, arranges for meal delivery, sets up conference rooms, and arranges telephone/virtual setup.
6. Serves in a secondary role providing administrative support for the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and leadership team, duties as assigned.
7. Performs various related duties such as assisting the Administrative Management with secretarial functions, and serving as primary backup support for the department.
8. Assist with policy and procedure development.
9. Coordinates pharmaceutical representatives schedules for both clinic locations
10. Monitors staff licensing to ensure it is current for assigned departments. Coordinates trainings for BLS, ACLS or other courses as needed for staff and providers.
11. Coordinates quarterly peer reviews for providers.
12. Schedules providers for marketing events such as radio spots
13. Coordinate provider 90 day and annual review with CMO
14. Coordinate director 14, 30 and/or 90 day and annual reviews.
Essential Functions per ADA Guidelines
High School diploma or GED; an associate’s degree is preferred. Minimum of two years of prior secretarial experience is required. Ability to type 65 WPM, strong organizational skills, effective oral and written communication skills, personal computer and word processing skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Respect for and ability to follow Clinic's Confidentiality Policy.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires repetitive movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers, the ability to receive and express detailed information through oral communication, visual acuity, and the ability to read and understand written directions.
Work is performed in a clinic setting, primarily in an office area. This position has much contact with physicians and medical staff when scheduling or coordinating meetings and to provide information. This position has been evaluated as a Level III in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA definition of Occupational Exposure to blood borne pathogens).
Level III: Positions in this category do not require the performance of tasks which involve exposure to blood, potentially infectious body fluids, or hazardous waste
Federal law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to perform any essential elements of this position.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.