The position reports to the Manager of Business Office and HIM and is responsible for the accounting functions including; processing all AP invoices for timely payment and ensuring accuracy, completion of month-end close processes and monthly financial report, recording cash activities, journal entries, account reconciliation, account analysis, automation efficiencies, report writing, distribution, with analysis, of monthly report to assigned department leadership position, assist with the development of tools and for internal controls and work flow processes, and other duties/tasks, as assigned.
The position will also cross-train and work together with the Accounting Specialist, Accounts Receivable (AR) position and works with administration to research, monitor, and track clinic financial trends recommending proactive actions, prepares denials and documentation of cases. Manages the processes relating to overdue insurance and patient accounts, collections and/or write-offs. Maintains current knowledge of health care insurance billing, rules and regulations.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business required;
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Three (3) years of related experience with an emphasis in accounting, finance, business required, and knowledge of healthcare insurance experience preferred.
- Significant focus and attention to detailed work processes and excellent organizational skills.
- Proven time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to new processes and be flexible in day to day operations
- To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application
, PDF Application
or Word.DOC Application
. For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4507 or click here.