Responsible for the accounting functions include: month end close process, monthly financials, recording cash activities, journal entries, account reconciliation’s, account analysis, automation efficiencies, report writing and other assigned tasks. Reporting responsibilities include: monthly reporting and analysis for assigned departments, and assistance for certain business units. Assists with the development of tools and processes to develop internal controls, work flow processes, and desk procedures
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and mathematical skills.
- Develops knowledge and understanding about organizational and accounting systems and is able to apply this knowledge in analysis and solution.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Revenue Cycle Management, and Payroll/Benefit experience
- Proactively applies knowledge and skills to meet the organizational and departmental goals.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and maintains an even disposition and meets deadlines.
- Utilizes decision-making skills in resolving issues and consults with and advises the manager of situations requiring follow up and/or specific attention.
- Keeps the director and other pertinent individuals informed and updated on issues on a regular basis.
- Interacts effectively with employees, customers and management to understand their needs and reacts appropriately in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prepares general ledger entries on a regular basis
- Assists in month end close process and the preparation of monthly financial statements, reports, and supporting documentation
- Analyses financial statement variances
- Assist with credit card process which includes distributing statements, obtaining receipts, entering data, and reconciliations
- Monitors budget to actual results and works with the leadership team to understand reasons for variances
- Assists with preparation of year-end close including direct communication with outside auditors
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Reviews monthly sales tax filings
- Updates asset listings on a quarterly basis
- Compiles data and prepares various ad hoc reports
- Works with leadership team on special projects, process improvements, system implementations and the like, as directed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Minimum one year of experience in accounting, audit, or finance.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to new processes and be flexible in day to day operations
- To apply for a position(s), complete one of the following options: Online Application
, PDF Application
or Word.DOC Application
. For more information on becoming a member of the Brown Clinic team, contact Human Resources at 605-884-4247 or click here.