COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Effective immediately, Brown Clinic will partner with other Watertown healthcare facilities in administering weekly COVID vaccines at a Community Mass Vaccination Event. South Dakotans ages 16+ will be eligible for the vaccine. Brown Clinic encourages you to schedule an appointment and get vaccinated.
Schedule an appointment
Where: Codington County Extension Complex (1910 W. Kemp Avenue, Watertown)
Who's Eligible: SD adults 16+
- Appointments will be available until all slots are full
- Your second appointment will be at the same time as your scheduled first appointment. You will not need to worry about scheduling a second appointment.
- If you need a ride, Lyft and the Watertown Community Transit both offer rides to the vaccine appointment for free. The transit needs one day's notice.
- Canceling your appointment is an option through EventBrite. If someone cancels, that appointment time automatically becomes available.
- Future mass vaccination events will be announced at a later date.
Schedule an appointment
For more information about the COVID vaccine and mass vaccination event, please click here.
Thank you for your patience. We will notify you of any changes as they become available.
Below is a timeline on estimated vaccine availability for defined population groups.
For more information, please reference:
SD Dept. of Health – https://doh.sd.gov/COVID/
Helpline Center – 211
SD Dept. of Health COVID Information Line – 1 (800) 997-2880
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness spread through close contact with an infected person. Symptoms range from mild to severe and include:
- Shortness of Breath
Older adults and individuals with heart, kidney or lung disease are at greater risk of complications.
What Can I Do to Protect Myself?
Good personal hygiene is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed and have symptoms, call your health care provider and stay home unless directed to seek medical attention. Follow the advice of your health care provider, testing is performed at the direction of the South Dakota Department of Health.
- CALL your health care provider BEFORE going in to be seen
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact of anyone who is sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze (and then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
What Do I Do if I think I Have COVID-19?
To reach providers at Brown Clinic
- Use the Patient Portal to easily send a medical message to your provider
- Call 605-886-8482
For More Information Visit South Dakota Department of Health