What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness spread through close contact with an infected person. Symptoms range from mild to severe and include:
- Shortness of Breath
Older adults and individuals with heart, kidney or lung disease are at greater risk of complications.
What Can I Do to Protect Myself?
Good personal hygiene is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed and have symptoms, call your health care provider and stay home unless directed to seek medical attention. Follow the advice of your health care provider, testing is performed at the direction of the South Dakota Department of Health.
- CALL your health care provider BEFORE going in to be seen
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact of anyone who is sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze (and then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
What Do I Do if I think I Have COVID-19?
To reach providers at Brown Clinic
- Use the Patient Portal to easily send a medical message to your provider
- Call 605-886-8482
For More Information Visit South Dakota Department of Health