COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Starting Monday, January 18, as vaccine is available, the Brown Clinic will implement a process to offer COVID-19 vaccinations for patients who have been prioritized by group mandates set by the CDC and the South Dakota Department of Health. We will call patients who meet the established parameters. Allowing us to call you will assist in providing prompt care to all patients.
A limited number of COVID-19 vaccines are now available to a prioritized population in Group D:
- Individuals aged 80 and older
- High-risk patients:
- Active cancer
For more information, please reference:
SD Dept. of Health – https://doh.sd.gov/COVID/
Helpline Center – 211
SD Dept. of Health COVID Information Line – 1 (800) 997-2880
Below is a timeline on estimated vaccine availability for defined population groups.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness spread through close contact with an infected person. Symptoms range from mild to severe and include:
- Shortness of Breath
Older adults and individuals with heart, kidney or lung disease are at greater risk of complications.
What Can I Do to Protect Myself?
Good personal hygiene is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed and have symptoms, call your health care provider and stay home unless directed to seek medical attention. Follow the advice of your health care provider, testing is performed at the direction of the South Dakota Department of Health.
- CALL your health care provider BEFORE going in to be seen
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact of anyone who is sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze (and then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
What Do I Do if I think I Have COVID-19?
To reach providers at Brown Clinic
- Use the Patient Portal to easily send a medical message to your provider
- Call 605-886-8482
For More Information Visit South Dakota Department of Health